Bar Code: 5000325010246
Dylon Dye Salt 500g
Dimensions: 13 x 10 x 5 cm
Salt is a catalyst in the dyeing process and helps to achieve long lasting and intense results. Use it with DYLON Hand Dyes. All Machine Dyes products have Salt already included. Dylon salt has been designed to assist Dylon dyes in achieving a consistent colour for your fabrics.
Helping create a strong, consistent colour for your fabric, this dye salt opens the pores in fabric to ensure dyes lock into the fabric securely for a vibrant finishing result. Ideal for use when brightening up faded textiles or creating a bold design for a cushion cover, this colour salt is the ideal fabric accessory to create a stunning homemade design. Suitable for use with most Dylon dyes, this coloured dye enhancer is a neccessity to keep on hand for those taking the time to do a bit of DIY customisation.
- Salt fixes the colour into the fabric when dyeing to ensure long-lasting and shinning results.
- Use it with Dylon Hand Dyes.
- All Machine Dye products have Salt already included.
- Ensure your clothes are dyed to perfection with the help of Dylon salt
- Opens up fabric pores
Polyvinylamine Chloride (PVAmHCI), Potassium di hydrogen Phosphate (KH2PO4), Sodium Carbonate (Na2c03), Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH), Sodium Chloride (NaCI) Caustic Lye.
How To Use:
You will need:
- 30g/1oz of salt
- Rubber gloves
- A saucepan
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash fabric thoroughly even if new & leave damp.
2. Fill saucepan or similar heatproof container with enough hot water to cover article and allow easy movement during dyeing
3. Wearing rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml/1 pint of boiling water, stir well.
4. Add solution to vessel with 30g/10z salt, stirring well.
5. Put in clean, damp article and raise temperature to simmer, then stir constantly for 20 minutes to ensure even dyeing.
6. Rinse article until water runs clear. Results are not colourfast, so dyed garments should be turned inside out & washed separately.
7. Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.